Friday, November 07, 2003

His Dark Materials

I've disappeared again. More excuses - moving home, parents visiting (his and hers, a matching set), and being obsessed by this fantastic trilogy: His Dark Materials. It is just amazing. I've been thinking about reading it for a while, and when it made the BBC's Big Read Top 21, I decided to go. It has not left my side for the past 2 weeks - as soon as I finished one book, I had to go and buy the next. In terms of story, characters, pure enjoyment, writing style, forget Harry Potter, this is a true classic.

In other news, Stephen King is finally finishing up the Dark Tower series. Since it's been 6 years since the last one, and I have long since gotten rid of the books, I think I may have to join my local library so I can reread and catch up.

And finally, Buffy has finally started. To make up for lost time, the Beeb is showing 3 episodes a week, with the hopes of being done before christmas (and before the DVD comes out). So we're at episode 6 now - the Big Bad is only making subtle appearances, but Anya has reprised the musical. Whee funness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home