I'm a Bad Blogger
Has it really been 3 months since last blogging? And people still visit this site to see if I've updated. That's amazing. Sorry loyal readers. I haven't really had many stories to tell lately.I saw Touching the Void on Friday. I think I was the only person in my group who wasn't completely blown away by it. I don't mean to say that I didnt find the story completely incredible - what these two guys went through and survived is amazing. In some ways they were incredibly stupid, and in other ways they were ingenious. The pyschological bond between the two is great.
But the actual movie itself didn't do it for me - it is documentary style, with the people in real life narrating over dramatizations of events. You never experience the bond between the actors because you are only watching it, you're never in there with them. I never got truly gripped. What I did like was their sense of humour - and they would inject it at truly tense moments, which was great to hear the entire audience with this nervous laugh. And I can never think of Boney M the same way.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home