I should update. I always think of great blog entries in my head, but never seem to follow through with them. Does anyone else do that? As events are occuring, you are mentally writing it down? I just have to get to the physical typying bit.
Friday, I had a great blog entry - let's see if it goes as well when I'm sober! I just had this sudden realization of being old on Friday. :( We went to a comedy club. Well, that's a start for feeling old! It was a bit strange because on the one hand I was laughing, but at the same time, my mind was thinking "they really aren't saying anything brilliant or new" but it's just the atmosphere (and the wine) that makes it amusing. Oh well, it was a laugh.
But that's not what made me feel old. It was the dancing afterwards (or "disco" as they called it, which just fills me with dread, but really is just a european term). It was the music they played. It felt like Homecoming at Alfie's, where they only play all the really big hits of the different eras - and even when they play modern music, it's very popular music (Kylie, S Club, etc) so that everyone knows it, and everyone will be happy. Now, don't get me wrong - I love cheesy music, and I will readily admit that I do own 3 Spice Girl's albums, but it just had this feeling of "these are old people, so we'll play what they want". Which in a sense, is nicer than dj's who will only play what they want and don't care that no one is dancing. But still. There's a fine line somewhere. And they were on the wrong side of it.
But yes, I did have a good time regardless. I haven't been dancing, since....um, hmmm, well, probably last May at Chris' wedding. So that was great - and I did know ALL the words to ALL the songs. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing. :)
Monday, October 07, 2002
This is where I spew out meaningful comments on life and everything. Or I blabber on randomly.
Friends with Blogs
AndrewDana
Ian
Jay
Mike
Robbie
Sally
Sofi
Suave
Guestbook
Previous Posts
- Ben & Jerry are ice cream gods - combining chocola...
- I'm still here. In case you were worried.
- Did you know that Jamie Oliver has a blog, of sort...
- Hey Beltzner, do you know someone in Niue? They c...
- I should update, eh? I'll lose my audience otherw...
- Right then. I'm off to London for the week to the...
- Hmm, Andrew is right - Blogger has gone all funny....
- Yeah, Ian's alive! Happy Dance! Can I get a cros...
- Packing sucks. I'm moving Saturday, but am away i...
- I gave up on my hotmail years ago, given that it w...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home