Been a while since I updated - had a few thoughts on my mind, but then I got a cold and haven't been able to face the computer screen with my fuzzy head.
First off, big congratulations to me - I swam 2.1 km on Monday, during my swimming class. Isn't that great? Not bad considering the onset of the cold had started at that point. I was proud. Then I promptly fell asleep as soon as I got home!
The other topic I've been planning to mention for over a week now is last week's Sex and the City, entitled Plus One is the Loneliest Number. Carrie is sitting on a park bench talking to Berger, and I notice that what distinctly looks like a McDonald's plastic cup, has been blurred out. When Berger then comments on Carrie's strawberry milkshake, then I'm positive that it's a McDonald's cup, cause who else is famous for strawberry shakes (or Shamrock shakes, but that's a whole other story...). So I think, that's kind of funny that they blurred that out. Later, Carrie is sitting in a restaurant reading Hello! magazine. Only, "Hello!" is blurred out. Now, I saw this episode previously when it aired in North America and I deinfately remember her reading Hello - so something fishy is going on. I suppose that there is a simple answer that in the U.K., they weren't able to obtain copyright/permission/whatever for product placement. I know that occassionally there have been problems with releasing TV episodes across the waters because they don't have the permissions for a piece of music that appears in the background. But in SATC, it's not quite that simple - the entire show is product placement - they don't blur out Carrie's shoes, and bleep out their voices at the mention of Jimmy Choo or Prada. How come McDonalds and Hello are blurred out? Especially when it remains obvious what they are! Any answers?
Thursday, February 13, 2003
This is where I spew out meaningful comments on life and everything. Or I blabber on randomly.
Friends with Blogs
AndrewDana
Ian
Jay
Mike
Robbie
Sally
Sofi
Suave
Guestbook
Previous Posts
- Just returned from week 2 of swimfit - we went fro...
- So last night was session 1 of SwimFit. A tad ner...
- Well, happy New Year. And nope, I haven't made a ...
- I was just logging in to lament my lack of New Yea...
- Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you're all having ...
- I'm back in the big TO at the moment. Gaar I hate...
- I would update. But I really don't have much to s...
- My current rant of the moment...the fact that I'm ...
- I met up with Karen on Saturday at the Maple Leaf ...
- Wow, I've been a bad blogger, but I had no idea ho...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home