Well, happy New Year. And nope, I haven't made a resolution to start publishing more! Sorry loyal fans (ya right). But here is an entry from me. I'm back from my 3 week holiday in Canada. Yep, that's right 3 weeks. One of the perks of life in Britain is the generous amount of vacation time that I get. And I still have 2 weeks left of holiday before I get some more stacked on in April. Whee!
So here is the big news....I am going to quite the gym. Yes, that's right, you heard me. I am willing to admit that I can't stand the place, and not waste my money on a monthly fee that I'm not using. I haven't been since October. I don't believe in that athelete's "high" that people go on about. I hate the music they play, and it's too loud to hear my discman with my own choice of music. I hate getting sweaty. I hate running. The bike's are uncomfortable. And the cross-trainer takes too much co-ordination.
Have I convinced you? Doesn't matter. I convinced myself. But exercise is good for you, I hear you cry! So here's the new plan. I have discovered that the University has a pool, which is a) closer to me than my gym, b) a more decent size (the gym pool is 10m which is just silly, while this is 23m, which is also silly, but at least more sensible), and c) open to the public. So I've tried it out. I pay when I go, and am not stuck into paying monthly for something I don't use. And I've signed up for a SwimFit course - a one hour session a week on improving your fitness. We'll see how that goes, but I'm stuck into that for the next 9 weeks.
So, Monday's I'm SwimFitting. Thursdays, I play badminton with friends. And hopefully one more time a week, I'll either swim or go hiking. Who has time for the gym with that sort of schedule?
Saturday, January 18, 2003
This is where I spew out meaningful comments on life and everything. Or I blabber on randomly.
Friends with Blogs
AndrewDana
Ian
Jay
Mike
Robbie
Sally
Sofi
Suave
Guestbook
Previous Posts
- I was just logging in to lament my lack of New Yea...
- Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you're all having ...
- I'm back in the big TO at the moment. Gaar I hate...
- I would update. But I really don't have much to s...
- My current rant of the moment...the fact that I'm ...
- I met up with Karen on Saturday at the Maple Leaf ...
- Wow, I've been a bad blogger, but I had no idea ho...
- Hmmm, so it's been a couple weeks....sorry about t...
- Two new things that I've done today: 1) Watched m...
- It's funny, but on the way home from work yesterda...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home