Tuesday, September 10, 2002

Why do we all enjoy going to the hell that is Ikea? (well, I'm sure not ALL of us enjoy it, but we all do it at some point, don't we?). Maybe I have been spoiled by living 10 minutes from one, therefore going at the crack of dawn is actually feasible. Or maybe the fact that the Ikea near me in Toronto wasn't in the middle of a horrible out-of-town shopping, it never seemed that bad.

Why the rant? Matt suggested that we go to Ikea on Saturday. Whee, thinks me, that sounds like fun! (what was I thinking??). Unlike Toronto, here in England, Ikea is miles and miles away and there's no way that a car-less person like me could get there. So I'm up bright and early on Saturday morning (not an easy feat considering our friends were here drinking wine until after midnight the night before - when did I become so old that midnight is late? but that's another rant). Of course, as my friends were up late with me the night before, they don't show up here until noon. Not a good start. Then what should have taken an hour and a half drive, took over 3 hours. I was going stir crazy by the time we got there. By then of course it's swarming with people. I was so tired and frustrated before I even got started, so I just couldn't deal with it. I got separated from my friends eventually and decided to queue up and wait on the outside for them - I tried to call them, but funny how mobiles don't work in a big concrete block. By 7 we were finally out of there, and I eventually arrived home. With not very much to show for it, except for a very nice box.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home