Wow, I don't know who keeps visiting this page, considering that I never seem to update very frequently! (well, actually I do know who mostly visits this page, but more to the point, I don't know why). Most of you seem to be coming from Andrew's page, which is fitting, as I was visitor 500 to his site the other day.
Ironically (or not), I was actually going to discuss the same topic as Andrew today - fall and the beginning of the school year. He expressed many of the same opinions as me, so read his blog as well. Maybe it comes from growing up in the same area (relatively in the world-wide sense) and going to the same University. I'm always nostalgic for Frosh week at this time of year. The first week of September is always so exciting at home - that sense of anticipation for the year ahead. Meeting up with old friends again after the summer, seeing how people have changed and how I have changed. That last burst of summer's heat. Buying new textbooks. Picking courses and finding the best way to get Friday's off.
There's something in the air in the fall in Canada. I love the leaves and the crisp evenings. England doesn't seem to have defined seasons - you have nice days and rainy days, and you just take advantage of the sun when you can. The idea of temperatures ranging from -20 to +40 is mind-boggling to them. I miss the smells of the different seasons. I miss the cosy-ness of being inside in the snow, or outside in the sun. Time just runs into itself here. The different seasons are part of my internal clock, and it feels weird without them.
Tuesday, September 03, 2002
This is where I spew out meaningful comments on life and everything. Or I blabber on randomly.
Friends with Blogs
AndrewDana
Ian
Jay
Mike
Robbie
Sally
Sofi
Suave
Guestbook
Previous Posts
- So here's an interesting story. Ironically, of co...
- Ya! My belated birthday present from Megan arrive...
- What does it say about the British people that 9.6...
- Well, I wouldn't normally put blatent advertising ...
- House hunting can suck the life out of you. The f...
- Oh, and by the way Andrew, Joe looks nothing like ...
- Congrats to Andrew on finding a great place. Unfo...
- Heehee, that's me on the right there. I'm made of...
- Ah, so my first "real" entry. I guess I need to d...
- Excuse the mess around here, but I'm just starting...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home