Sunday, July 18, 2004

My body hurts...

I've just completed the Race for Life 2004, a 5km race supporting Cancer Research UK. There were nearly 10 000 women participating in this race, an amazing sight. The park was just flooded with people when I arrived, but as I made my way along the route had no real feel for the number of people, until we came out of the park onto the main road - a 4 lane road that had been closed off for the route, and where we started on the road was at the top of the incline (yeah downhill!) and all you could see was a sea of people down this road. Amazing!

Unfortunately, while I managed to remember my camera, and I remembered to charge the batteries, I forgot to actually take the battery out of the charger and put it in the camera. D'oh! There should be some photos on the web soon, so I'll link to it if there are.

I walked the route in 58 minutes, somewhere mid-fleet. I know that 5km isn't very far, but it was humid, and was surprisingly hard going. It didn't help that the bus I needed doesn't run on Sundays, so there was extra walking there and back! Am quite exhausted now.

Thanks to everyone who sponsored me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home